In my household we are each named after a particular character from the Mr. Men Show. I am lovingly referred to as ‘Mr. Stubborn’. Okay, yes, I admit I am stubborn (I can thank my Scottish father for that one). My mother told me once that I was very determined and very, very obstinate. I think she said it to me in an effort to change my ways. Instead, I wear it as a sort of badge. After all, aren’t these some of the traits an author needs in order to succeed?
A stubborn writer:-
- Decides that if they are going to be a writer, then they are one.
- Refuses to give up, despite the number of rejections.
- Continues to write, even though they may think their writing sucks.
- Refuses to see that their writing sucks (until they are politely advised not to read their work through rose tinted glasses).
- Persists in believing they will ‘make it’ as a writer one day.
How stubborn are you with your writing?
Image by Debbie Johansson.