During this past week, I’ve been tearing my hair out. Doing an assignment on a blog proposal may sound like fun, yet there were times when I felt like I was going around in circles. If nothing else, it has certainly helped me to look at my own blog all over again.
As well as the Three Golden Rules of Blogging, here are some of the basics you need to consider (or indeed, remember) when writing a blog:-
- Do you have a catchy title? Does it reveal to the reader what your blog’s content will be about?
- What are your objectives for writing your blog? Is it to provide information, persuade action or promote discussion?
- What is your chosen angle, brand or voice? How will your blog be distinguished from others within a similar genre? Will your tone be formal or informal?
- Why is it needed? Why would your blog be of interest?
- How will your blog be structured? This will include interactive elements, images, etc., as well as your written content. Remember to use tags, which are very important if you want people to find you on the internet.
- How much research will you need to help support your written content, such as links, etc.?
It’s so easy to start a blog and it can be difficult not to just jump in with both feet. With the vast amount of blogs out there, you want yours to stand out. This can take a great deal of time, thought and planning.
Are you using your blog to its full potential? Do you now look at other blogs and wish yours were as good?
Free image by Stuart Miles courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.com