Since joining the Writers’ Platform Building Campaign, I’ve been receiving quite a few comments on my blog, and I was quite surprised to receive one that said I was the recipient of The Versatile Blogger Award. When I explained the award to my husband he said ‘Oh, a chain letter’, but I don’t look upon it that way. I feel that after all these years of blogging, making numerous changes and wondering if anyone out there is actually reading what I have to say, I finally know that people are and I’m getting rewarded for my efforts. So I give a big hearty thank you to Elizabeth Ann at ElizabethAnnWrites.
Now, like any grateful recipient, I have prepared my speech. So, here are seven random facts about me, you probably just didn’t want to know:-
- My favourite colour is royal blue.
- I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher when I left school, but I didn’t get the marks to get in (I guess writing was my real calling).
- Sport doesn’t really do much for me. Walking and playing on the Wii Fit is the best you’ll get from me these days.
- I hate clowns; always have. I think they’re creepy. I just have to think of John Wayne Gacy, which just about says it all really!
- I once won $100 on my first attempt at playing the poker machines. I was happy to take the money and never play again.
- In my house, I’m the Zoo Keeper and Bejeweled Twist champion.
- I’m a tea person, not a coffee person. I hate the smell of coffee and it gives me headaches (yet I can consume chocolate by the truckload – go figure)!
Now we come to the hardest part of receiving this award. I have been visiting so many great blogs lately, I find it difficult to narrow my nominations down. So because, like a good many of you, I’m flexible. So here are my twelve nominations for this award:-
- Nicole Zoltack at Where Fantasy and Love Take Flight
- Susanna Leonard Hill
- Charmaine Clancy at Wagging Tales
- Renee at Books for Little Hands
- Helen Anderson at Helen Writes
- Cally Jackson
- Pauline at Pauline’s Prose
- Dawn Malone at Here’s the Story
- E. L. Schneider
- Heather at My Demon Spirits
- Dimity Powell at Dim’s Write Stuff
- Sabrina Llave at Little Red Writing Hood
I hope you’ll all take the time to visit these blogs. As I’ve said there are many worthy blogs out there (too many to just narrow it down to so few), I aim to compile a list of other writing blogs in a future post.
I thank you and good night! 🙂
Did you enjoy this post? You can subscribe to my blog and get regular updates by clicking on my About page.
18 thoughts on “My Very First Writing Award.”
Thank you so much Debbie for nominating me (Renee) and my blog ‘Books for Little Hands’ for a versatile blogger award. I’m delighted and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog too!
Hi Renee. You’re welcome – I enjoy reading your posts. I look forward to hearing more from you and I’m glad you enjoy my blog too. 🙂
Hi Debbie, very very touched that you nominated me also and enjoy the reads. Thanks to you and also kudos for you yourself offering such a versatile and beautiful blog. (I particularly like your photograhpy :-)) Here’s to continued sharing.
Thanks Dimity. I’m glad you enjoy my posts and photos. I look forward to continue sharing with you! 🙂
The award is well-deserved! I’m enjoying getting to know you through your blog. This campaign is great!
Hi Elizabeth Anne. Once again, thanks for nominating me – it was quite a surprise. And I totally agree – the campaign IS great! 🙂
I got you another one!! I’ve awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Here are the details: http://lesannberry.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-post.html. I hope you’re pleased. I’ve enjoyed visiting your blog and want others to do so. Thanks!
Hi Lesann. Thank you so much for nominating me. To be nominated once was amazing, to be nominated twice has left me speechless! I’m so glad you enjoy my blog and that you’re willing to share it with others. I look forward to visiting your other nominated blogs and to continue connecting with you. 🙂
From one zookeeper to another – thanks for the award, Debbie! You have a lovely blog!
Hi Dawn. You’re welcome – I enjoy reading your blog too!
Good to hear you’re another zookeeper player – it annoys my husband that I can kick his butt in that one! 😉
Debbie – thanks so much for the nomination! And thanks for stopping by to unwrap your present 🙂
My pleasure Susanna. Great idea about the presents – many thanks – I look forward to the massage! 🙂
Thanks Karin. It was a pleasant surprise! 🙂
Thanks so much for nominating me, Debbie. I really appreciate it. 🙂
Not a problem Cally, I’m glad you liked it! 🙂
Thank you for recommending my blog! You are so kind to mention me and I do appreciate it! I’m so glad that someone likes what I’m writing! 😉
It’s my pleasure Heather! I look forward to reading more of your posts and sharing with you. 🙂
Comments are closed.