Since joining the Writers’ Platform Building Campaign, I’ve been receiving quite a few comments on my blog, and I was quite surprised to receive one that said I was the recipient of The Versatile Blogger Award. When I explained the award to my husband he said ‘Oh, a chain letter’, but I don’t look upon it that way. I feel that after all these years of blogging, making numerous changes and wondering if anyone out there is actually reading what I have to say, I finally know that people are and I’m getting rewarded for my efforts. So I give a big hearty thank you to Elizabeth Ann at ElizabethAnnWrites.
Now, like any grateful recipient, I have prepared my speech. So, here are seven random facts about me, you probably just didn’t want to know:-
- My favourite colour is royal blue.
- I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher when I left school, but I didn’t get the marks to get in (I guess writing was my real calling).
- Sport doesn’t really do much for me. Walking and playing on the Wii Fit is the best you’ll get from me these days.
- I hate clowns; always have. I think they’re creepy. I just have to think of John Wayne Gacy, which just about says it all really!
- I once won $100 on my first attempt at playing the poker machines. I was happy to take the money and never play again.
- In my house, I’m the Zoo Keeper and Bejeweled Twist champion.
- I’m a tea person, not a coffee person. I hate the smell of coffee and it gives me headaches (yet I can consume chocolate by the truckload – go figure)!
Now we come to the hardest part of receiving this award. I have been visiting so many great blogs lately, I find it difficult to narrow my nominations down. So because, like a good many of you, I’m flexible. So here are my twelve nominations for this award:-
- Nicole Zoltack at Where Fantasy and Love Take Flight
- Susanna Leonard Hill
- Charmaine Clancy at Wagging Tales
- Renee at Books for Little Hands
- Helen Anderson at Helen Writes
- Cally Jackson
- Pauline at Pauline’s Prose
- Dawn Malone at Here’s the Story
- E. L. Schneider
- Heather at My Demon Spirits
- Dimity Powell at Dim’s Write Stuff
- Sabrina Llave at Little Red Writing Hood
I hope you’ll all take the time to visit these blogs. As I’ve said there are many worthy blogs out there (too many to just narrow it down to so few), I aim to compile a list of other writing blogs in a future post.
I thank you and good night! 🙂
Did you enjoy this post? You can subscribe to my blog and get regular updates by clicking on my About page.