Lately, I’ve been working on my current work in progress and now I can finally say that I’ve finished!
It’s the longest piece I’ve ever done, so it has been quite a challenge. I have wrestled self-doubt and there were times when I didn’t think I would actually make it, but I finally got there. This got me thinking about the writer’s life in general and some of our special habits. 😉
You know you’re a writer when:-
1. You’d rather be with your imaginary friends than with real people.
2. You have a habit of staring out your window to solve some of your problems (or even just to daydream).
3. You keep adding books to your ‘to be read’ pile (besides, some of that is research).
4.You have a love-hate relationship with paper.
5. You collect various stationary, even if you don’t need it (but it sure looks pretty).
6. You’d rather write than be in a ‘real’ job (whether you have one or not).
What do you think are some of the special quirks of being a writer? Do you consider yourself to be a ‘slow’ writer in a fast-moving world? Have you managed to achieve your writing goals this year?
Main image courtesy of Pixabay